Sunday, August 7, 2011

Toilet Paper Tag Album Swap

Today is a set of firsts.  This is the first time I have used toilet paper rolls in art, the first time I have made art tags and the first time I have made a slideshow set to music!  This project is for an art swap in one of my online groups.  The color theme was Black/Red/White/Cream.  We each have to make 6 tubes and in return we will get 6 tubes back.  You then bind them together with a ring and voila, you have a photo/journal album that is just too cute!  Most of the photo's I've used are old family photos, however, almost every photo is removable so the recipient can replace with photo's of their choice.  Having never done anything like this before I hope I did it justice!  Enjoy!


13 comments:

  1. I think what you made looks really great--but I'm still not getting the toilet paper roll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I thought I was the last one on earth to have not heard of it! The toilet paper rolls are flattened and then covered in paper. The tags slip inside them on the right side of the roll and the binder holes go on the left side, so it make a little book.
    -anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow. Anna these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The papers you used, the details, and those family photos -- amazing stuff. You have such a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed on all three counts of firsts! Thanks for sharing them with us. I'm not so sold on the TP rolls either, but at least there is no shortage if I ever get the urge. LOL Lori at Art Camp for Women

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this will make the runs have a useful prpose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just watched clip, They are gorgeous so interesting and well crafted. best swap i have seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a first attempt, these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful, I especially love the little windows that open. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did great Anna! You did them quickly too! Wow! I haven't even started mine yet, though I've been collecting tp rolls for weeks now. LOL. great job on the photos in your video too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gee if this was your first attempt I can't wait to see your tenth!!! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic rolls - they are so gorgeous, you are so talented and you've inspired me to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a gorgeous job of these. Simply beautiful. And your video is great too, you should use it as a tutorial, you know, write a few steps, then use your video to show the results. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Toilet paper tubes sure have come a long way! Gorgeous work! The recipients are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete